Last updated: August 16, 2019
- Personal Data. “Personal Data” means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data. “Usage Data” is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies. “Cookies” are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller. “Data Controller” means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors or Service Providers. A “Data Processor” or “Service Provider’ means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
- Data Subject or User. A “Data Subject” or “User” is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
For the purpose of this Policy, we are a Data Controller of your Personal Data.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Information Collection and Use
The information we collect on or through our Service may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Service, subscribing to our Service, posting content or material, or requesting further features. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Service;
- Information you post, publish or display on public areas of the Service, or transmitted to other Users of the Service or third parties (collectively, "User Content").
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us;
- Your response to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Service and the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Service;
- Your search queries on the Service.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you, including the following:
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with Personal Data that can be used to contact or identify you. Person Data to be collected may include, but is not limited to, your:
- Email address;
- First name and last name;
- Telephone Number;
- Home or Postal Address;
- Date of Birth;
- Credit Card Number;
- Driver’s License Number; and
- Bank Account Number
We may also collect Usage Data from you. This Usage Data may include, but is not limited to, information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store Location Data if you give us permission to do so. We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Yogananda Seva uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service;
- To notify you about changes to our Service;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer support;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
- To monitor the usage of our Service;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues;
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- For any other purpose with your consent; and
- In any other way we may described when you provide information.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or the instructions provided in any email we send.
California law permits Users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those third parties. We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your prior consent. Accordingly, you can prevent disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes by withholding consent.
To obtain this information, please send an email message to email@example.com with "Request for California Privacy Information" in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by California’s "Shine the Light" requirements, and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
“Do Not Track” Signals Under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). DNT is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Yogananda Seva may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you;
- You have given us permission to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights;
- For payment processing purposes;
- To comply with the law.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Yogananda Seva aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. You can request deletion of your Personal Data directly from the request removal form. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Yogananda Seva relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Retention of Data
Yogananda Seva will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Yogananda Seva will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
If you delete your User Content from the Service, copies of your User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Service, including User Content, is governed by our Terms and Conditions.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
We may disclose aggregated, anonymized, and/or non-identifying information about our Users without restriction. However, we will not disclose your personal information, other than as described below:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, including but no limited to Self-Realization Fellowship of Los Angeles, California (“SRF”);
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Yogananda Seva's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Yogananda Seva about our Users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- We may provide SRF with your personal data in order to verify your SRF membership or your participation in certain SRF programs such as SRF Lessons Study. Some Yogananda Seva programs are designed to serve SRF members and students, and require such verification.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it to us;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
Additionally, Yogananda Seva may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes;
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government, public authority or regulatory request;
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Yogananda Seva ;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- To protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public; and
- To protect against legal liability.
We may employ third-party Service Providers and Data Processors to facilitate our Service, provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Service like message boards. Any other Users of the Service may view the information you share in public areas.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service is not intended for anyone under the age of eighteen (18) ("Children" or “Child”). No Child may provide any personal information to, or on, the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from Children. If you are a Child, do not use or provide any information on this Service, or on or through any of its features/functionality, make any purchases through the Service, use any of the interactive or public comment features that may be available on the Service, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a Child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware or suspect that your Child provided us with Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By email: Support@yoganandaseva.org
- By visiting this page on our website: https://yoganandaseva.org/contact
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Service should be to email@example.com.