Senior Program Manager
Number of Opportunities: 1
Time required: 40 hours per week; full time salaried position
Yogananda Seva is seeking a talented overall program manager with strong experience to manage all phases of project and program development within Yogananda Seva. This position will be responsible for refining the overall program development strategy and process. Successful candidates will help project leaders form teams and move through all phases of development and execution in a highly collaborative environment. The person filling this role must be comfortable with a digital and remote workflow and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization and in alignment with the spirit of guru-seva.
- Develop new programs to support the strategic directions of the organization, as well as guide new programs.
- Guide, inspire, and support volunteer project and program team leaders.
- Facilitate the development of high-functioning teams.
- Develop an evaluation method to assess program strengths and areas for improvement.
- Write project and program proposals and updates to generate buy-in and approval.
- Manage a team with a diverse array of talent and responsibilities.
- Ensure goals are met in a manner that enhances the user experience, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Communicate with program stakeholders to be transparent regarding project issues, decisions, and services.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting for program status throughout their life cycles.
- Analyze program risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Work with the marketing and communications team, develop program-related outreach strategy and communication.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; Master’s degree a plus.
- Proven experience in program and team management.
- Proven experience coordinating volunteers.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Adaptability to new computer programs and applications.
- Understanding of project management.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, growing organization where roles and responsibilities are subject to change.
- Capacity to function in a transparent, collaborative team environment where Paramahansa Yogananda’s How-to-Live principles guide our work.
To embody and convey the underlying spiritual principles that are the foundation and driving force of Yogananda Seva.