Number of opportunities: 1
Time required: 40 hours per week; full time salaried position
Apply By: April 30, 2021
Yogananda Seva is seeking an experienced Program Director to supervise a wide range of programs in various stages of development. This position will provide leadership and strategic direction on program design, development, management, and evaluation, in partnership with YSO Executive Directors and staff. The successful candidate will supervise a group of senior program managers responsible for outcomes of multiple programs. These managers function collectively as stewards of the YSO culture of guru-seva, inherently supporting each of the volunteers who serve and who are ultimately responsible for the organization’s’ ability to fulfill its purpose in supporting SRF/YSS and our Guru’s worldwide spiritual community.
The Program Director position requires a proven, forward-thinking, and dynamic individual able to provide proactive leadership and vision in developing new innovative programs, while also refining established programs and processes within the organization. This includes having excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills; effective public speaking and presentation skills; as well as discretion, sound judgment, and a broad knowledge of program and project management principles. The candidate must have a strategic mindset as well as the ability to lead and develop leaders as they form teams and move through all phases of development and execution of programs in a highly collaborative environment. This position requires experience with a digital and remote workflow.
The goal is to ensure every Yogananda Seva program will be delivered successfully and at the highest possible value to the organization while expressing the spirit of guru-seva.
- Organize programs and activities in accordance with YSO’s mission and goals and in alignment with the spirit of guru-seva.
- Develop new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization, as well as guiding, reassessing, and refining established programs.
- Monitor scopes of work to ensure timeliness, quality, and accuracy of activities.
- Ensure program excellence through development and implementation of innovative performance and outcomes measures.
- Direct the development of regular and timely updates across all programs to ensure cross-pollination of ideas, knowledge-building, and resource sharing.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Facilitate small and large group meetings both onsite and online.
- Guide, inspire, and support volunteer project and program team leaders.
- Facilitate the development of high-functioning teams.
- Identify capacities needed (skill sets and competencies) to achieve program and organizational goals. Work with senior staff to ensure those capacities are developed or acquired.
- Direct budget development for new programs and renewals.
- Lead the collaborative development of survey, monitoring, and evaluation tools.
- Write project and program proposals and updates to generate buy-in and approval.
- Manage a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensure goals are met in a manner that enhances the user experience, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Communicate with program stakeholders to be transparent regarding project issues, decisions, and services.
- Analyze program risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Participate in senior staff activities to inform and lead the organization’s goals, strategies, and approaches.
- Willing to work in a fast pace, rapidly evolving organization where roles and responsibilities are subject to change.
- Capacity to function in a transparent, collaborative team environment where Paramahansa Yogananda’s How-to-Live principles guide our work environment.
Experience / Skills Required:
The Program Director will have excellent documentation and communication skills, dynamic team leadership skills, and will possess excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills. They will have a positive attitude and have the ability to influence others. The Program Director will be able to demonstrate a sense of urgency and attention to detail in their approach to day-to-day work. They will have the ability to balance workloads and multiple issues at once, and have a good knowledge of and computer skills in MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word as well as Google Drive, Docs and other Google tools, and shall adapt with ease to new computer programs and applications. They will also have excellent presentation skills, be comfortable holding people accountable and have an innovative thinking style when faced with difficult problems. The employee must be able to work on a computer a majority of the day.
- BA (required), MA (preferred) in Business Management or related field.
- Ten plus years’ diverse experience in program management and development.
- Ten plus years’ track record of success in program safety and risk management.
- Experience in moving programs from concept to delivery and evaluation.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team and coordinating volunteers.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Creativity, innovation, independence, and self-direction.
- Ability to identify opportunities, seek new approaches, and follow through.