Business Systems Analyst
Number of opportunities: 1
Time required: 40 hours per week; full time contract-to-hire position
Apply By: July 4, 2021
Yogananda Seva, a California-based religious nonprofit services organization, is seeking a Business Systems Analyst. The initial focus of this role will be leading our upcoming CRM implementation in conjunction with our CRM development partner. The CRM will be the backbone of YSO volunteer management, supporting workflows throughout the organization, with its largest stakeholders being our Communications Teams and similar teams that make up the volunteer journey.
With a large and growing base of volunteers supporting the work of Paramahansa Yogananda and his organization Self-Realization Fellowship, the need for managing this expanding volunteer base is critical.
The successful candidate will be in integrity with the guiding principles of Yogananda Seva, embrace a strong motivation for optimizing user experience while sustaining security best-practices; include a capacity for leveraging technology to improve operational efficiency; and possess an understanding of CRM operational use and technical configuration. Optimal candidates will have knowledge of web application system requirements and experience working with application development teams.
While our staff is located throughout the world, normal business activity hours will center around the western United States time zones. While our staff is located throughout the world, normal business activity hours will center around the western United States time zones.
As a religious services provider and a public-facing presentation entity of Self-Realization Fellowship, we at Yogananda Seva strive to imbue every day, every relationship, and every interaction with the highest ideals and behaviors of mutual respect, courtesy, and consideration and inclusion of all, and we hold our employees and volunteers to these ideals.
- Managing requirements documentation.
- Understanding the workflows of the various teams and creating and updating as-is and to-be process maps.
- Working with various teams to gather and document CRM integration requirements.
- Liaising with the CRM implementation partner and vendor as necessary.
- Collaborating with various internal and external teams to resolve issues and ensure that implementation is consistent with project requirements.
- Review the functional testing artifacts of the CRM Implementation provided by the partner, to ensure requirements coverage and consistency.
- Review and provide feedback on training documentation.
- Oversee and coordinate user acceptance testing.
- Participate in the phased rollout of the CRM to various teams, identify changes and new requirements and prioritize for future enhancements.
- Perform all levels of configuration (e.g., workflows and plugins).
- Coordinate with other team members and work on minor changes, fixes, and occasional low-to-medium complexity enhancements.
- Prepare/update technical specifications based on functional customization requests.
- Propose design to meet business need along with associated implementation schedule.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues (software bugs, data issues, and system configuration issues).
- Lead and participate in design reviews.
- Responsible for maintaining systems documentation, adhering to policies, audit and compliance standards, and formal change controls.
- Gather and structure requirements for website and web application development.
- Develop basic user experience guidelines.
- Liaison with software developers and testers.
- Write use cases, user stories, and test plans.
- The ability to understand workflows, how disparate workflows may integrate optimally and how to configure an existing interface to efficiently support these integrated workflows within the CRM.
- Practiced in relationship building and collaborative communication.
- Motivation and capacity for probing analysis, clear identification of requirements, and skilled documentation of requirements.
- The ability to convey competence of the core functions of a business systems analyst or similar role; typically a minimum 5 years’ experience.
- CRM development and/or configuration experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio or similar process mapping tools preferred.
- Experience with enterprise CRM platforms (i.e., SFDC or Microsoft Dynamics).
- Experience implementing CRM systems.
- Experience writing requirements for software application developers.
- Agile methodologies.