Business Systems Analyst / Translations
Number of opportunities: 1
Time required: 40 hours per week; full-time salaried position
Apply By: August 31, 2021
Yogananda Seva, Inc., a California-based religious nonprofit services organization, is seeking a Business Systems Analyst for our new Translations Department. This department employs a small number of paid employees and a large international staff of volunteer translators, all busily involved in coordinating and translating the writings of Self Realization Fellowship (SRF) founder Paramahansa Yogananda and his immediate disciples.
With worldwide interest in the simple spiritually based meditation techniques and how-to-live lessons taught by Paramahansa Yogananda and promulgated by SRF growing exponentially, the need for expanding our vibrant virtual community of translators becomes more critical every day.
The successful candidate will possess excellent Information Technologies and Virtual Workforce Facilitation skills and experience. Excellent professional verbal and written English skills are required, and possession of those skills in second languages is desirable. While our Translations staff is located throughout the world, normal business activity hours will center around Western United States time zones.
As a religious services provider and a public-facing presentation entity of Self Realization Fellowship, we at Yogananda Seva strive to imbue every day, every relationship, and every interaction with the highest ideals and behaviors of mutual respect, courtesy, and consideration and inclusion of all, and we hold ourselves and our employees and volunteers to these ideals.
- Working across technology systems and operations.
- Organizing stakeholder requirements into project briefs.
- Selecting appropriate technique for the elicitation of requirements.
- Defining scope and operational priorities.
- Researching and analyzing software systems for adherence to project objectives, liaising with internal and external clients and identifying options for potential solutions.
- Assessing both technical and operational suitability.
- Administration of software tools and platforms.
- Developing onboarding and administration procedures and documentation.
- Training personnel, enforcing policies, automating tasks, responding to service interruptions, identifying and understanding underlying causes of any incidents.
Manages the Digital Library of Active Translations Projects:
- Planning and organizing translations content drives, folders and files.
- Advises translations services managers and coordinators concerning digital operations and applications related to achieving overall program and project goals and any relevant day-to-day operational needs or risks (scheduling, hardware/software needs and failures, etc.).
- Coordinating levels of access for translations staff and volunteers, appropriate for designated projects.
- Managing security protocols for translations services staff and volunteers.
- Provides regularly scheduled reports, analyzing digital capacity and identifying risks.
Assesses and Improves Overall Translation Production Workflow:
- Assesses and optimizes operational workflow of translations project teams.
- Ensures effective operations for translations coordination staff in the creation, manipulation and uses of digitized contents, software, and digital files.
- Provides technical training as available and generally assists coordination of training and technical support operations.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Computer systems and software expertise and knowledge of Microsoft Teams/365, applications and practices.
- Experience with operational decision-making processes.
- Identifies and responds to new and emerging issues impacting the digital operating environment.
- Familiarity with digital security protocols and practices and remote workforce applications.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of related experience.
- Initiative, flexibility, and the ability to adapt and work creatively in a complex, rapidly changing work environment.
Experience / Skills Preferred:
- Experience designing and coordinating operational workflows.
- Experience with Agile project management methods.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.